Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Apologies for the Radio Silence and an Announcement of a Project

I haven't posted in awhile so I figured it would be time to give some updates on what I've been working on.  I got a promotion at work that will be affording not only more monies but also a more reasonable work schedule so I'll have a bit more time on my hands for my gaming pursuits.  Other good news, and this isn't official yet, but my wife and I are in talks right now with Twilight Creations, the makers of Zombies!!!, to volunteer to help them out at Gen Con 2015.  So with any luck we'll be hanging with some of the nicest people I've ever met in the games industry and seeing the con from a whole different angle this year.

Now on to what I'm working on now.

So I've been searching for a good cyberpunk game with fairly simple but not overly simple rules for some time now.  I think there's things I like about everything I've read but nothing ever had exactly what I was looking for.  Rifts have great fluff but it can be a little intimidating, Shadowrun again great stuff but the world is a little too high fantasy for my tastes.  There are more and all of them have their charm.

So I decided I'm going to write my own game, which is honestly something I've wanted to do for quite some time.  I'm still in extremely early stages right now.  I have some basics written up so far and combat rules started.  I'm hoping by the end of this week to have a frame work to test and see if the rules I have so far are going to work in practice.

I'll be posting the rules as I get them on here and would appreciate feedback from anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment